The program for the Pre-Kindergarten child is designed to promote learning experience and development in:
• Language Arts/Skills... - Recognize all capital and most lower-case letters - Start printing their alphabet - Recognize and spell their name and classmate's names - Use of invented spelling - Print their first name - Learn phonetic sounds - Dictate a story through pictures - Illustrate pictures for a story
• Math... - Identify shapes - Count to 30 - Name and recognize numbers 0-20 - Match amount of objects to numbers - Sort objects by their attributes
• Social Studies/Social Skills... - Explain why different events are celebrated with different holidays or days of recognition - Learn about history (past U.S. Presidents) - Build an understanding of different cultures - Learn to cooperate and work with classmates - Share with others
All together now!
• Science... - Participate in activities that include measuring, pouring, mixing, baking - Understand changing weather conditions (seasons and temperature) - Take part in nature walks and projects - Understand the concept of weight
• Fine Arts... - Participate in arts activities that include cutting, gluing and drawing - Experience and use drama tools (i.e. kitchen set, clothes, puppets) - Imitate different emotions and expressions - Play different family roles - Sing simple songs - Play instruments - Imitate dances
• Good Health/Nutrition... - Participate in activities that involve throwing, catching, rolling and kicking - Practice skills of balancing, hopping and jumping - Play organized games that involve using a parachute - Learn about and experience a healthy diet